Jan 25, 2012

MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder - REVIEWS amd SWATCHES...

M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder   
REVIEW and SWATCHES...




Formulated to provide a smooth, virtually invisible, fresh-looking finish, this soft, cream-like powder is carefully blended to provide the skin with extra care, nourishment and comfort.

Studio Careblend Pressed Powder provides sheer to medium coverage with perfect skin adhesion that helps to create a more flawless, refined look to skin. Studio Careblend Pressed Powder’s versatility allows users to apply it alone, over moisturized skin, atop foundation to set, or simply to touch up and perfect skin throughout the day.

Studio Careblend Pressed Powder has a super comfortable, weightless cream-like feel on skin, thanks to our unique botanical complex that consists of Safflower Seed Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil and Lecithin. This “Comfort Complex” helps contribute not only to the beautiful skin adhesion and flawless finish look, but it also ensures that the powder will be non-drying, non-powdery and extremely comfortable to wear for all skin types.

This is truly a modern, next generation pressed powder. It is formulated with a combination of micronized treated pigments and luxurious ultra fine Venetian particles and worked in a special Crosspolymer and other ingredients to give the most luxurious glide and application with amazing, undetectable skin adhesion – looks like flawless skin, not pressed powder! Then, with the addition of the botanical “Comfort Complex,” we help the skin to feel its best and look its best, without the dry, chalky look of powders from generations past.

Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder blurs the line between skincare and makeup, with a pressed texture that beautifies as it benefits. Gives a sheer to medium, smooth, even coverage for a flawlessly soft and even tone with caring, comforting properties.


Size: 10 g / 0.35 oz
Price: $23


Shades Available:

                  Light                   Light Plus              Medium              Medium Plus             
           
                Medium Dark      Medium Deep           Dark                Dark Deep                
             
Light - Soft pale beige
Light Plus - Pale golden beige
Medium - Soft creamy beige
Medium Plus - Tan beige
Medium Dark - Caramel beige
Medium Deep - Rich golden tan
Dark - Deep caramel
Dark Deep - Rich golden bronze


 



The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder is priced at $23 for 0.35 oz of product and is among the cheapest M·A·C Powders in the permanent range. This for me is already a selling point since M·A·C Powders are on the cheaper side when compared to other mid-to-high-end cosmetic brands. In addition to being among the cheapest on the market, they also come with a solid amount of product. Although they are not the largest powders from M·A·C, they carry the same amount of product as, and in lots of cases more than, other powders in the cosmetics world. And to be honest. Even drugstore brands are not that much cheaper - 30-60% cheaper - for the price of 2 Covergirl Powders just go for M·A·C


 


 
The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder is available for purchase at M·A·C (stores and online) and other M·A·C retailers such as Nordstrom, Macy's, etc. There are 8 shades available that will be sure to cover a wide range of skintones. Since the powder is sheer-to-light coverage it shouldn't add too much color to your skin or on top of your foundation.

For reference I am NC45 in M·A·C Studio Fix Fluid Foundation and I can use a few shades of the M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder - Medium Deep, Medium Plus and Dark. 


The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder comes in similar packaging as the M·A·C Blot Powder and M·A·C Select Sheer/Pressed Powder which is the solid black compact with a circular mirror inside the lid. The M·A·C logo and product name are printed in silver on the top while the product label with shade description, product size and company details is located on the bottom of the compact. Inside there is also powder puff

The compact is solid and perfect for travel. I have never had an issue with breaking or damage while it tousles around in my handbag or luggage. The mirror and powder puff are nice inclusions especially for touch-ups on the go.



 


The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder is "formulated to provide a smooth, virtually invisible, fresh-looking finish, this soft, cream-like powder is carefully blended to provide the skin with extra care, nourishment and comfort."


TEXTURE
The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder is an ultra-soft, ultra-smooth, ultra-creamy powder that feels silky when applied to the skin. I have no issues with this powder being chalky or powdery - weird to say a powder isn't powdery. It blends onto the skin almost like a light cream foundation would but in a powder form.

FINISH
The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder has a semi-matte natural finish which is perfect for those of us who want to stay matte throughout the day but not look like plaster. I love the M·A·C Blot Powder for the mattifying effect but I am not too thrilled with the finish - it can be drying and powdery. The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder instead gives a nice matte finish that still looks like natural skin. It is also hard to overdo this product and cause a cake-y mess which is great for layering.

COVERAGE
The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder gives sheer-to-medium build-able coverage. This means it is light enough to use to set your foundation but still gives enough coverage to be used alone. While the powder is not as pigmented as a regular powder foundation it can still be used to even out the skintone and covers slight imperfections. I'm not sure if there are soft-focus components in the formulation but there is a slight blurring effect that can help minimize pores and fine lines - great plus!

WEAR
The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder wears very well for 6+ hours on my oily skin before the oils start peeking through. It is not meant to be an oil-control powder but it does keep my face relatively matte throughout wear. The oils are easily blotted away without disturbing the powder underneath.


The M·A·C Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder is actually my favorite powder hands down. I have been using it religiously for months without feeling a need to search for anything else. I love the finish which leaves my skin matte but still natural. And the texture is divine! It's smooth and creamy and applies beautifully to the skin. I highly recommend checking this out.

Have you tried this Pressed Powder? What do you think?



 
Medium Dark, Medium Deep, Dark, Dark Deep


 
                                     Medium Dark, Medium Deep, Dark, Dark Deep


7 comments:

  1. I so want to try this, by far this is one of the best Reviews I have EVER Read. I am super xcited to read more fro myou. U have really amazed me or shall I say wowed me. x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for an amazing review. Was seriously considering this powder. I'm very selective when purchasing MAC. By the way like yourself I am a NC 45. I noticed you were currently using the new Chanel perfection lumiere in shade ambre beige 54. The line has just come out in the UK and I went out to purchase shade 54, unfortunately the UK have only released 16 shades whereas in the US they released 20. Just my luck that they don't have 54 so I had to end up settling for shade 64. It's alot to fork out and I was just wondering if you had any thoughts or opinions. Also how much difference was there between 54 and 64. Would really appreciate your take on this Tina.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reviews are the best Tina, so detailed and so helpful!

    I'm close to hitting the pan on my Chanel pressed powder so I'm now set on trying this product. I used to use the MSFN in either Medium or Medium plus but since you're saying you wear Medium Plus I guess that shade would be way too dark on me in careblend. Prob will have to go with Medium or even Light Plus (it's winter now and I have no colour).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just my opinion but i tend to use this more on dryer skin types because this powder has essential oils in it. Im extremely oil so i tend to touch up more when using this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tina, is this shimmery? At least a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina, I excited to know about the Careblend Pressed powder can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review, I love this product. I puurchased it when it was first released and have never looked back. The color match is perfect, (I use the dark) and before finding this product I was always on the hunt for the perfect powder to set my foundation without making me too greyed out, too orange or too overdone. I used the MAC MSF Natural in Dark but if not careful I can eaasily overdo it. Now I just use my Careblend Pressed powder go over my oily spots with my blot powder and I'm done for the day with just a few pats over the forehead and t-zone with a blotting paper in the late hours and I'm good. I used to carry it with me for touchups but I never needed it eveything still looked even with just a little glow. I hope they never change the formula but I have 2 backups just in case.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>