Jul 6, 2011

'Midnight Grape' Look

'Midnight Grape' Look

This was a quick look I did for a formal event. It's a simple smoky purple eye (which is on my list of tutorials to do) that of course matched my dress. The dress is from Bebe with shoes from Guess. There is some serious cleavage action going on here (at least as much as you can get from as small chest as mine). LOL! The lacy bra accents are actually from the dress and not an actual bra. Heaven forbid I show my bra in public! :)



Eyes: 
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush

COLOR:
For the lid I used MAC Grape Pigment (shimmery dark purple) applied wet with MAC Mixing Medium. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
For the inner lid, tearduct area and above the crease I used MAC Parfait Amour Eyeshadow (frosty light purple w/ pearl). Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush
On the outer lid and crease I used Rock & Republic Fatalistic Eyeshadow (matte black). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush 
On the lower lashline I applied and smudged MAC Smoulder Eye Kohl Pencil (matte black). Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Strut and MAC Embark Eyeshadow (matte reddened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Crème Eyeliner in Black. MAC 263 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Vibrant Eyelashes for effect.

Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Silky Lipstick in #109 (creamy pink).


Face:
FINISH:
I primed my skin with Inglot Under Makeup Base. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Skinfinish Natural in Dark - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush. I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer - Cozzette P350 Cylinder Concealer Brush - under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage -
Cozzette S150 Cylinder Setting Brush.

I used MAC Mighty Aphrodite Blush (satin berry peach) for my cheeks - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour -
Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush.




23 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I love the new hair color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE purple smokey eyes :D
    You looked just beautiful Tina.
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look and I love the dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. hot dress! i love purple! and the makeup is flawless as usual ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a sucker for purples! I love love this look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look! Love Purple Smokey Eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sooo gorgeous and your clothes are always the hottest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful.Purple is my favorite color so I have to try this makeup look.

    www.mzprettyparis1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU LOOK HOT!!! I love it!!!

    Love that dress (and makeup, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost didn't recognize you lol! You look great : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. looove the hair and dress! great makeup as always, don't even have to mention that lol, you know you have skills

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. that dress is too hot for words on u Tina! and i say it again, if u give me half of ur butt, u can get a cup outta my cleavage :D My boobs are too big and my ass is small...hahaha!

    Gorgeous smokey purples too...remember how u used to not like purples? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What size is that dress cause i want it. LMAo you look great girl hope you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. so beautiful! and i love your brows, did u lighten them? sorry for asking if u already did a post on this lol! love it huni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mercedes "PicassoEyes"July 7, 2011 at 3:24 AM

    You look aboslutely stunning my lovely Tina!! The dress to die for as welll as the look. You know purple is my favorite...love, love, love it :) Let's chant ladies Tutorial, tutorial, tutorial, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so pretty Tina! Love, love, love the dress and matching eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking really pretty here Lisa!

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL...I meant Tina.

    You are looking real pretty here.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  19. One hot mama.. this looks stunning on you wow .. one of my favs..

    ReplyDelete
  20. You looked so pretty here darling! Major thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>