Jul 21, 2011

'Heat Wave' Look

'Heat Wave' Look

Many of us may be afraid of red eyeshadow (present company included) and for good reason! Red is a very bold color for eyeshadow that can translate into allergy eyes if not done well. Plus, there are very few red eyeshadows on the market due to red dye irritants and, of course, demand (the regular makeup consumer will probably never buy red eyeshadow).

But for us bold makeup lovers, a great red eyeshadow is a welcomed addition to our overflowing stash. Magnolia Makeup released a vivid matte red eyeshadow with their Fire Water Collection and I have been dying to use it! What better day than today smack in the middle of a heat wave? I really like the result...it almost glows with intensity. Grab this one if you have been looking for a great red!


Eyes:
PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush

COLOR:
On the inner lid and tearduct area I used MAC Blanc Type Eyeshadow (matte ivory). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
For the middle of the lid I used MUFE #75 Eyeshadow (matte neon pink). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
For the outer lid I used Magnolia Makeup Creole Tomato Pigment (matte vivid red). MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the outer V and crease I used MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte vibrant purple). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For the browbone area and for blending I used MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (matte camel). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For highlight I used Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance All Over Face Color (shimmery light pink). MAC 252 Large Shader Brush
On the lower lashline I applied and smudged Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Perfect Peacock (deep teal). Cozzette Eyebrow/Mini Shader D230 Brush

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Strut and MAC Embark Eyeshadow (matte reddened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Benefit Babe Cake Eyeliner in Black. MAC 263 Small Angle Brush
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black. Sigma Eye Liner - E05 Brush
I used Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Princess Eyelashes for effect. Duo Eyelash Adhesive - Clear





Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Pro Longwear Lipstain Marker in Stylesetter (raspberry pink) topped with MAC English Accents Lipglass (creamy pink).

 
Face:
FINISH:
I primed my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion and Phillips Milk of Magnesia - Cozzette P340 Round Foundation Brush. I used NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Tahoe - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with MAC Skinfinish Natural in Dark - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush. I used MUFE #12 Full Cover Concealer - Cozzette P350 Cylinder Concealer Brush - under my eyes set with Benefit Powderflage - Cozzette S150 Cylinder Setting Brush.

I used Tarte Amazonian12-Hour Clay Blush in Amused (matte bright pink) for my cheeks - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush - and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Cozzette Contour Stylist S135 Brush.



 

2 comments:

  1. oh I hope the review is up today :) I want to buy magnolias collection so bad! and your just tempting me with your eyeshadow looks lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>