Apr 8, 2011

'Sleek Sunset' Look

'Sleek Sunset' Look

This look was inspired by the Sleek Sunset Palette that I recently purchased and reviewed. This is from favorite palette from the Sleek makeup line and I absolutely love the colors! They are bright and vivid and work so well together.


Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over my lid up to the brow bone. I applied MAC Layin' Low Paintpot (creamy beige) all over my lid and slightly into the crease as my primary base. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush

COLOR:
For the tearduct area I used the shimmery gold bronze eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup PaletteMAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
On the inner lid I applied the shimmery orange eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
Next to that I applied the shimmery raspberry eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette. MAC 242 Small Shader Brush
For the outer lid and crease I used shimmery burgundy eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette. Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
To deepen the outer V I used MAC Indian Ink Eyeshadow (matte purple). Sonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
On the browbone area for blending and highlight I used the matte nude eyeshadow from the Sleek Storm Makeup PaletteSonia Kaskuk Large Crease Brush
For my lower lashline I used the shimmery bright blue eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset Makeup Palette - MAC 242 Small Shader Brush - MIDDLE and MAC Indian Ink Eyeshadow (matte purple)MAC 242 Small Shader Brush - OUTER.

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud and NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow (matte blackened brown). Paula Dorf Eye Definer Flat Top Brush

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline and lower waterline with Tarte's emphasEYES™ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in BlackMAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I used L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Sense Erotica Eyelashes for effect.


******


Lips:
POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick (matte neutral coral) topped with MAC Strange Potion Lipglass (satin coral).


Face:
FINISH:
I primed my skin with a test moisturizer. I used Tarte ReCreate™ Anti-Aging Foundation in Walnut 20 - Sigma Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush - for my face and set my t-zone with Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder - Sigma Round Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.

I used MAC Peaches Blush (matte peach) for my cheeks - MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush and MUFE #2 Sculpting Kit for contour - Sigma Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush.






15 comments:

  1. i'm going to have to try and steal this look! ... its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few days ago, when I was visiting Your blog, I was thinking to myself: is she gonna do a Sunset look with Sleek Palette? Yeeeeah, You did :D Awesome !!!
    This orange eyeshadow is so bright and vivid, to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, Tina, Tina

    I just told myself I wasn't buying any makeup for a while. I just got the Sleek palettes in Bad Girl and the Original. The shipping cost and the delivery time was ridiculous, but this look is gorgeous! I may have to order this palette...mmmmh.

    Keep up the amazing work!

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! you always come up with the best color combos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Are you gonna do a vid for it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The colours are both vivid and subtle at the same time! Please do a vid!
    Dree xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look you came up with!! It's stunning!! I have the bad girl palette...but have had my eye on the sunset palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sunset palette.this look is so beautiful hun,love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you work soo much that for me personally you are one of the best makeup artists online :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. After your initial review, which I really appreciate, I said I wasn't going to buy the sleek products but after this look I think I need to at least get this palette! The look is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful look! You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty. I may just have to pick this palette up..It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorge!! I will be creating a similar look. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>