Jul 27, 2010

'Iced Mandarin' Look

'Iced Mandarin' Look

Hmmmm...again I don't know where I was going with this. I was going through my list of top eyeshadows and saw some of my faves laying neglected so I tossed them together in this look. I also realized that I need to start contouring my nose because it looks awfully huge in pictures with full blast flash in my face (where is my lighting director??). And some silly client has me on the verge of cursing her out. How's your week going so far?

Eyes:

PRIME:
I started off with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over my lid up to the brow bone. I also applied MAC Layin Low Paintpot (matte creamy beige) all over my lid and up to my brow bone as my primary base.

COLOR:
On the inner lid and inner tear-duct area I applied MAC Dusty Coral Pigment (matte orange coral).
On the middle lid I applied Inglot #369 Eyeshadow (matte mid-tone blue).
On the outer lid and crease I applied Inglot #388 Eyeshadow (matte blue-based purple).
To define the outer V I used MUFE #92 Eyeshadow (matte re-based purple).
For blending and highlight I used MUFE #76 Eyeshadow (matte camel).

BROWS:
My brows are filled in with MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

DEFINE:
I lined my upper lashline with Wet 'n' Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black.
I lined my lower waterline with L'Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Black.
On the lower lashline I used Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Lust (shimmery purple).
I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara for my lashes and added Beautee Senses Demi Pixie False Lashes for effect.

Lips:

POLISH:
For my lips I used MAC Jazzed Lipstick topped with MAC Ember Glow Lipglass.

Face:

FINISH:
I prepped my skin with MAC Oil Control Lotion. I used MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation mixed with MUFE All Mat along with MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #12 under my eyes. I set with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.
I used MAC Instant Chic Blush for my cheeks.

What's my motivation here? To yell or not to yell?

10 comments:

  1. u look amazing in that coral top...the makeup is perfection too (obviousely). Hope your day gets better. Mine is annoying too, had to do a 4 hour site visit in this heat, I'm melting :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! You look amazing...the more I read your blog the more I want...
    I really like your style...
    I am not going to be much longer , I am going to try this color combo...

    on a totally, unralted matter, what do you do for work?
    -if it doesn't sound english that's normal, my mother tongue is french...-

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO purty!!! I just noticed the camera question and answer on your side bar. Was that there yesterday? Hmm....I didn't see it there and I was complaining to my husband that my camera sucks and how I had asked you about your camera. Anyway...thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty look!! I like it. Thx again for your answer about the lenses, i also thought that it was better to put them after applying makeup and removing any fallout from my eye.
    THX AGAIN. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH DAMN!!! that is gorgeous!!! I have always loved your looks on MUG..I think I may try this..it wont be as good as yours but it is worth a shot!!

    http://icosmeticrn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You work so well with all matte colors..I have a hard time blending mattes but I love the look of them! Very pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daaaaamn! You really nailed this- the blending, color combo, eyeliner, eyebrows.. Everything is perfect! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Free to contact me via email with further questions or business inquiries at thefancyface@hotmail.com. Comments that include advertisements, self-promotion, insults, etc. are subject to deletion.

>